Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Zadie's 2012 consisted of too many ER visits, five bouts of pneumonia, one very nasty case of RSV, two surgeries and a lot of learning and growing and fun!  We got great news when I checked the mail on Christmas Day (mail that had been delivered the day before) and got the letter from the insurance company that our second level appeal had been approved and Zadie was now back to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week of private duty nursing.  We are in the process of trying to get the shifts staffed.  I look forward to sleeping in a real bed, since my air mattress seems to be losing air quicker and quicker every night.  It might have to do with the 90 pound dog that likes to join me sometimes or the cats that like to jump around on it.  I also look forward to Zadie being able to be home during the day, rather than coming to daycare with me and Jonathan.  It's nice for her to get some socialization, and it's really nice to see her all day, but her health is more important right now, and I'm afraid that she will have a very rough winter if she continues to come with us.  

Zadie learned all sorts of stuff in 2012.  She learned to walk and sign and she even gained back her voice!  It's not 100%, but she can get very LOUD when she wants to express herself.  She can also say mama and baba meaningfully.  She got her palate repaired back in May, and can drink like a champion.  

By 2014, I would love it if Zadie could lose her trach and her Gtube.  I won't get my hopes up or put too much pressure on anyone, but it would be great.  For now, she is happy and healthy and that's all we can ask for.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Zadie! You are a brave little girl. Happy New Year to your family too. I wish you all that your dreams come true in 2013.

    ReplyDelete