Friday, May 25, 2012

Reminiscing...

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I was doing last year at this time.  I was very pregnant with Zadie, and I was blissfully unaware of what the future had in store for us!  I was going to the high risk group for weekly ultrasounds because of my abnormally high level of amniotic fluid, a condition called polyhydramnios, but none of those doctors figured out why it was there.  I googled that word a hundred million times, but never once stumbled upon Pierre Robin Sequence.  In retrospect, I had noticed Zadie's small chin in at least one of the ultrasound pictures, but I had no idea it could mean anything.  I had no idea it had a name, micrognathia, and that it would turn out to be the main struggle she would face.  So, ladies, pay attention and question everything.  But, don't make yourselves crazy because a lot of times, there's nothing you can do before the baby arrives, although preparation is always nice.  This is the last ultrasound I had before Zadie was born.  Notice the small chin!




No comments:

Post a Comment